- Document stage: when you're a junior, you review docs, you do diligence, you draft
- Lawyer stage: as you become more senior, you negotiate, you deal with other lawyers across the table and under you
- Client stage: as the boss, you deal with clients, you get clients, you maintain clients
Maybe in the older days. I think now its more like:
- Document and Shit stage: yes you do start witha lot of docs. but you also start wiht a perpetual, paralyzing fear that you are never good enough, you have to get things down two hours ago all the time, and so, undoubtedly, shit ur pants.
- Client, Lawyer, Document and Shit stage: let's b serious. u alwys look at docs. u always end up drafting. i've seen even junior partners draft. u also now deal with other lawyers, lawyers above you, lawyers below you lawyers across from u from across teh world even. its a fucking lawyer orgy. and clieints. dont get me started. they go apeshit at the drop of a hat. at u. because they cant fuck with their good old friend the partner. there's gotta be a sscape goat. o i should call this the scapegoat intensive stage. and for al these reasons, you STILL shit ur pants.
- Boss stage: no one watches over ur shldr anymore. u dish shit off and do whatever the fuck u want. call corporate. get raises. do coke. buy a gun. shit on peoples' desks. chpo ur balls off. fuck a fish. turn into a rocket. fly into the sun. y? cuz u da boss! its true dude, i saw it.